Definitions used in TOS:
Gift voucher = non-nominative voucher with value in euro redeemable for any activity on the website www.milanomongolfiere.com
Ticket = nominative travel document with pre-established date.
You = person who buys the gift voucher / ticket and accepts these “Terms and Conditions”.
We = Milano Mongolfiere
1. By purchasing a gift voucher/ticket you are bound by these “Terms of Service”.
2. The purchase of the gift voucher/ticket can be made online on the milanomongolfiere.com website or using our printed booking form (on request) where these “Terms and Conditions” are present.
3. Flights can be booked online, by phone or by e-mail.
4. You have the right to withdraw within 10 days of purchasing the gift voucher if you have not already set the flight date.
5. The ticket is nominal and in case of name change, please notify us by e-mail; before the flight, the new beneficiary must sign these “Terms and Conditions” for acceptance. The gift voucher is not nominative.
6. The gift voucher gives you the right to participate in a hot air balloon flight experience on a date to be agreed within 5 years of purchase and, if not otherwise specified, includes the balloon flight, breakfast / toast after landing, transport with one of our off-road vehicles from the meeting place to the take-off place and then from the landing place to the meeting place and the aviation insurance provided for by current legislation.
7. Our flights are scheduled to last from 45 to 60 minutes, but the pilot, for safety reasons, has the absolute responsibility of deciding the duration, the conduct of the flight, the time and place of landing. We could therefore never guarantee the exact duration or direction that the flight will follow, as it cannot be predetermined in advance.
8. A hot air balloon flight is completely dependent on the weather conditions. It is possible that your flight will be canceled at any time if the weather conditions are not favorable, even until shortly before take-off.
For group flights, the flight can be postponed when the minimum number of participants is not reached.
If a flight is canceled due to weather or for any other reason we will propose a new date to fly. However, we will not refund the ticket or any of your transport, food or accommodation costs.
9. If flights are suspended for reasons of force majeure, the validity of the ticket will be extended for a period equivalent to the suspension period. However, we are not responsible for economic losses or any damage caused by this possible suspension.
10. The gift certificate is never refundable, except in the following cases:
- Withdrawal within 10 days from the day of purchase if no flight date has yet been booked (point 4)
- If you provide us a medical certificate at least one month before the expiry of the gift certificate stating that you are unable to fly and that you will not be able to fly for the entire remaining validity of the gift certificate
- If you are not resident in Italy.
The refund is made exclusively to the person who purchased the gift certificate.
11. The ticket is never refundable except in the following cases:
- If you provide us a medical certificate stating that you are unable to fly
- If you are not resident in Italy.
12. We reserve the right to entrust the execution of our flights to other operators, holders of regular ENAC licenses, who have a collaboration agreement with us. Also in this case these “Terms and Conditions” will always apply.
13. On all refunds, a deduction equal to 20% of the cost of the gift voucher / ticket will be applied for the general expenses incurred by us, except for the withdrawal in point 4.
14. If you are not able fly within the expiry date of the gift voucher/ticket because you are pregnant we will extend the validity for 18 months as long as we receive a written communication within the first 4 months of the pregnancy.
15. Milano Mongolfiere has insurance coverage for air carriers pursuant to Regulation (EC) No. 785/2004 and Regulation (EU) No. 285/2010 for each passenger, in the event of death and / or personal injury. In all cases, compensation is not due or is due to a lesser extent if it is proved that the damaged passenger is responsible for the damage or has contributed to it through negligence, wrongful act or omission. The right to compensation for damages expires within two years from the day of the flight.
16. We take no responsibility for any damage to cameras, video cameras, mobile phones that you take in flight. We also accept no responsibility for any damage to your car or objects inside it that may occur during the period in which it will remain parked at the meeting point during the flight.
Your obligations to us
17. The gift voucher is valid for 5 years from purchase. If you do not activate the gift certificate by booking a date within this time frame, the gift certificate expires and you lose any right to use. A gift voucher that has expired for no more than 30 days can be reactivated for another 6 months by paying an amount of € 30 per person. A gift voucher that has expired for more than 30 days can be reactivated for another 6 months by paying an amount of € 100 per person.
18. You can change or cancel your booking by calling us and sending us an email up to 5 days before your flight. Flight cancellation messages left on our answering machine are not valid.
19. If you do not comply with the deadline for changing your booking set out in point 18 or do not show up on time at the meeting point for the flight, you lose any right to use the gift voucher and you will not get any refund. The gift voucher can only be reactivated by paying a penalty of € 100 per person.
20. Ballooning can be as risky as any other sport, hobby or activity. By purchasing a gift voucher or participating in a flight you are aware of the risks and accept them. The flight, on every occasion, will be under the control and supervision of a pilot certified by the National Aviation Authority (ENAC) who is committed to making the flight as safe and pleasant as possible.
21. We are not qualified to judge your health and whether you are able to fly or not. However, for your safety and that of other passengers, you must ensure that you are in good physical condition to participate in the flight.
You can’t fly:
a. if you are pregnant
b. if you have suffered injuries or operations that restrict walking
c. if you are unable to maintain the correct support position during landing (flex your knees while holding the handles)
d. if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
If you have any doubts, consult your doctor and bring us a medical certificate confirming that you are eligible to fly. It is important to remove any doubts about the state of your health which otherwise could affect your safety and those of other passengers.
22. The pilot has the duty, as required by the Navigation Code, to exclude you from the flight if based on his opinion you can represent a risk to the safety of the flight or to the safety of other passengers and yours. In this case you will not be entitled to any refund.
23. Only children over 8 years old and who are at least 130 cm tall can participate in our flights. A teenager under 16 must always fly accompanied by an adult. Ages 16-18 must have an authorization signed by a parent.
24. You must wear appropriate clothing and footwear as indicated on our site.
25. Persons over 115 kg are required to pay a surcharge of 50% of the price.
26. It is forbidden to smoke within a radius of 50 meters from the balloon during the inflation and deflation phases and in the basket during the flight.
27. It is not allowed to carry dangerous goods, ammunition and weapons of war on board.
28. Milano Mongolfiere reserves the right to modify these “Terms and Conditions” at any time without having to inform the public in advance.
29. You allow us to process your personal data for internal administration and accounting use.
30. If the crew or passengers are subjected to verbal or physical violence or if the smooth running of the activity risks being disturbed by your behavior or that of your companions, we reserve the right to cancel an existing gift voucher (with or without refund).
31. Special conditions for “last minute” tickets. All the conditions provided for gift vouchers / ordinary tickets apply to a ticket purchased with a last minute rate, except for paragraph 3 of point 8 which is replaced by the following paragraph: “If the flight is not carried out due to adverse weather conditions, the holder of the last minute ticket will be redirected to a “last minute” flight with a chosen date from Milano Mongolfiere to take advantage of the last minute ticket, with three days notice “.
32. Special conditions for the “Winter Sale” offer:
- The offer is applicable for flights from 02/14/2021 to 07/31/2021
- You can change your booking up to five days before your flight
- If you are not able to fly the booked flight due to the restrictive travel measures provided for by Italian legislation in the context of Covid-19, you are entitled to a voucher for the full value of the ticket price and with a validity period of 60 months.
33. The competent court for any dispute is Pavia.